Do you have social media addiction???
We have heard about addiction to drugs, alcohol or tobacco but, there is also a term called social media addiction which has affected many people worldwide and the numbers goes on increasing everyday. With the rise in the number of smart phone users and the easy reach to internet nowadays people of every age group are on social medias.
Furthermore, today there are big array of social media applications to choose from. People are hooked up on more than one application. Most popular ones are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and Tinder to name a few. We know social media is undeniable in the context of present world and we can take abundant benefits from the limited and right use of it.
The trigger of dopamine that flows after every likes and notification in our social media, also known as the reward system is what gets us hooked to social media.
Do you have these symptoms??
- Do you feel a sense of isolation and missing out when you leave your phone behind home or somewhere ?
- You feel like checking facebook more than 30 times a day like after every short period of time.
- You check your social media right after you wake up in the morning and before going to sleep.
- The sound of notification really makes you happy.
- You use social media more than 1 hours a day in aggregate.
- You don’t feel well when you don’t post anything online after a long time.
- You think that your habit is affecting different aspects of your life but you can’t help it but only regret about the habit.
If most of the above statements suits in your case then most probably you have a social media addiction. In a recent study it showed that extensive social media use is associated with a number of psychological problems like anxiety, loneliness, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and depression to name a few. It is also associated with physical problems like laziness, reduction in eye sight, back problems to name a few. Most of the youths are affected by this problem and it is affecting every aspect of their life. Ever problem has a solution.
If you wish to have a organized and balanced life and get out of this addiction then you can follow these simple habits.
- Use the social media application which is only essential to you and delete the unnecessary social media accounts.
- Create a schedule for using the social media and be strict with the routine.
- Do not use social media before going to bed and right after waking up.
- Participate in outdoor physical activities and communicate with people in real time.
- Practice mindfulness exercise like meditation and yoga.
Also Read:What food to eat to get rid of cancer?